You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join the forum to take part in the RP!
You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join the forum to take part in the RP!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAffiliatesGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Takai
Pokeballs I_vote_lcapPokeballs I_voting_barPokeballs I_vote_rcap 
LandanoHojo
Felix
NPC
Dylan
Senetue Hirona
Leonid
PEPITO1O1O
KingDigdigdug
Roukostu
Latest topics
» Pokemon Cheyenne!
Pokeballs EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:49 am by Guest

» Solo Mu
Pokeballs EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 am by Takai

» Faero--land of the past
Pokeballs EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:48 am by Guest

» Aye
Pokeballs EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 am by jessecast

» Twilight Falls Academy
Pokeballs EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 pm by Guest

» Katsu Region
Pokeballs EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 pm by Guest

» The Shadow Arrives
Pokeballs EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 am by Shadow

» The Shadow's Tracks
Pokeballs EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:39 am by Shadow

» Sols Sandile
Pokeballs EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 am by Takai

Pokeballs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Takai
Admin
Takai

Pokédollars : 1651

Pokeballs Empty
PostSubject: Pokeballs   Pokeballs EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:04 am

Pokeballs Allballs2

A Poké Ball (Japanese: モンスターボール Monster Ball) is a type of item that is critical to a Trainer's quest, used for catching and storing Pokémon. Both a general term used to describe the various kinds as well as a specific term to refer to the most basic among these variations, Poké Balls are ubiquitous in the modern Pokémon world. Up to six Pokémon can be carried with a Trainer in Poké Balls, while any number of other Poké Balls can be held in the bag for later use. These six Pokémon in the Poké Balls can be attached to the user's belt for carrying them around. Some Pokémon do not like to be carried around in Poké Balls, such as Ash's Pikachu.
The strength of a Poké Ball is determined by how much it raises a wild Pokémon's catch rate, and may in fact vary depending on the conditions of the battle. Poké Balls limit the power of Pokémon contained inside, taming them, though they do not cause the Pokémon inside to always obey the Trainer.
The invention of Poké Balls apparently occurred in the Johto region, where Apricorns grow; these fruit were cut apart and carved out, then fitted with a special device, and used to catch wild Pokémon prior to the mass production of the Balls that occurs in modern times under Silph Co. and the Devon Corporation. Some Trainers still use Poké Balls made from Apricorns, while Kurt, a resident of Azalea Town, still constructs them.
Prior to the invention of Poké Balls, Pokémon were referred to as "magical creatures" (Japanese: 魔獣 majū), indicating that the name Pokémon, short for Pocket Monster, did not come into common parlance as a term until these devices allowed the various Pokémon to be stored in pockets easily. This also shows that in these times they were believed to be supernatural creatures, not natural ones.
Stylized Poké Balls are used in many places to symbolize Pokémon in general: the logos of both Battle Frontiers feature a Poké Ball in their design, while several Poké Balls can be seen in every Pokémon Center. The headgear of the protagonists of Hoenn, Kanto, and Sinnoh-based games feature Poké Ball designs, as do the bags of the protagonists of Johto-based games. The headgear of Ethan is also similar to the top half of an Ultra Ball, and the bag of Lucas prominently features a Poké Ball.
Back to top Go down
https://universepokemon.darkbb.com
Takai
Admin
Takai

Pokédollars : 1651

Pokeballs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokeballs   Pokeballs EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:06 am

Though the technology behind a Poké Ball remains unknown, the basic mechanics are simple enough to understand: in a Pokémon battle, once an opposing wild Pokémon has been weakened, a person, the Pokémon Trainer, can throw a Poké Ball at it. The Poké Ball has a special capsule design. If the Poké Ball hits the Pokémon and is not knocked back by it, the Poké Ball will open, convert the Pokémon to a form of energy, and pull it into its center, closing. A Pokémon in this state is given a chance to struggle to attempt to escape, at which point the ball will either be destroyed (in the games and some manga) or will return to the Trainer (anime), who can attempt once again to capture the Pokémon. A Pokémon who does not escape the ball will be caught.
As seen in several anime episodes, such as Gulpin it Down! and Claydol Big and Tall, normal Poké Balls have difficulty catching Pokémon which are extremely large or extremely heavy. In the latter episode, it is revealed that ancient civilizations overcame this issue by constructing immense Poké Balls made out of stone. However, due to the difficulty of manipulating one of these large objects, later technology and the development of Heavy Balls provided a better alternative.

Pokeballs Pokeballinterior

When a Pokémon is released from a Poké Ball, it will be accompanied by a bright light as it returns from its energy form, and materialize nearby, often on the ground. This bright light has been shown to vary depending on the type of Ball that the Pokémon is contained in in the games, while it has always been shown to be white in the anime. Recalling a Pokémon to its Poké Ball is also relatively simple, as all a person must do is hold up the Poké Ball with its button pointed at the Pokémon. A beam of red light will shoot from the button, converting the Pokémon back into energy and returning it to the Ball. The beam, however, has a limited range, and can be dodged by the Pokémon. If the beam hits a person, they will be stunned for a moment, but aside from that no ill effects will make themselves apparent. Releasing Pokémon from a Trainer's ownership, unlike normally sending the Pokémon out, will bathe the Pokémon in a blue glow, and the Poké Ball will no longer mark it, making it able to be caught by another Trainer's Poké Ball. A Poké Ball can also be broken, which will release it from ownership, and if a Trainer has done so accidentally, it must somehow be fixed before the Pokémon can be recalled.
Several Pokémon have shown the ability to leave and return to their Poké Balls at will, most notably among them Jessie's Wobbuffet, Misty's Psyduck, Ash's Oshawott and Brock's Croagunk, which tend to do so in every episode they appear. In Dig Those Diglett!, many Pokémon belonging to Gary Oak, as well as other Trainers, including Ash Ketchum, demonstrated the ability to prevent themselves from being sent from their Poké Balls, as they refused to fight against the Diglett, though this has not been demonstrated since.
Poké Balls are not always at full size. Pressing the button on the front will convert it between its full size, about the size of a baseball, to a smaller size, about that of a ping-pong ball, and back again. The larger size makes throwing the ball easier, while the smaller one makes for easier storage on a belt clip, in pockets, and in bags.

Pokeballs 200px-Chimchar_release

Poké Balls are able to communicate with a Trainer's Pokédex, as the system updates itself with information on newly-caught Pokémon, and keeps track of how many Pokémon the Trainer has with them. If a Trainer catches a new Pokémon with the full six already with them, the Pokédex will automatically send the newly-caught Pokémon in its Poké Ball to the Pokémon storage system that the Trainer is using. As shown in Two Degrees of Separation, a Pokémon caught by a Poké Ball is "marked" by it, and thus most Poké Balls thrown at it will have no effect aside from temporarily stunning it. In the games, as well as in Bad to the Bone, however, the Trainer of the Pokémon will block a Poké Ball thrown by another, though it is possible that this is more out of courtesy to their Pokémon than to prevent capture outright.
Other wireless capabilities of Poké Balls are shown in Destiny Deoxys, as when the electricity of the city is down, Audrey could not release her Masquerain from the Poké Ball, claiming that the "Poké Ball Management System" was no longer working without power. There has been no such mention of any system since.
Poké Balls are able to be decorated to no ill effect, with several Poké Balls that have been painted with special colors being seen in the anime. To alter the way in which the Pokémon is sent out, however, a Ball Capsule and seals must be used, which can release special effects when the Pokémon is sent out.

Pokeballs 200px-RealeasingPokemon

Back to top Go down
https://universepokemon.darkbb.com

Pokeballs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pokemon Universe RP :: Database-
Jump to: